- Old Store
- Woodworking Classes
- Two-Day Box Making Course
Two-Day Box Making Course
I think everyone knows that I love making boxes, and I have learned quite a bit about making them in the last decade. Here's your chance to learn my process in a small class. We'll cover lumber selection, milling, resawing, miters, milk paint, and finishing. At the end of the class, you'll have a beautiful box to take home with you. All materials are included.
I'll make dinner for everyone on Saturday night. We'll drink a few beers and talk woodworking.
Right now, I have three weekend classes planned. There are 5 spots available in each class. If the class you want to attend is sold out and you'd like to be on a wait list, send me an email. My shop is located in Northwest Connecticut.
TOOLS TO BRING
- block plane
- layout tools like a 6 in. or 12 in. rule
- a combination square
- a try square of some sort
- safety glasses and hearing protection
- Anything else that we need, I will provide. Oh…if you have a shooting board and can bring it, please do. I have 4 shooting boards.
Stuff happens. You might not be able to attend the class. That's fine. Hopefully, I can find someone to take your spot. But the closer to the class you cancel, the harder it is to find another student, and my refund policy reflects this.
- If you notify me 31 or more days before the class that you cannot attend, I'll refund you the full price of the class, minus any credit card or PayPal processing fees.
- If you notify me 15-30 days before the class, I'll refund you the full price of the class (minus processing fees) if I find someone else to take your place. Otherwise, I will refund you 50% of the class price, minus the processing fees.
- If you notify me 14 or less days before the class, I'll refund you the full price (minus processing fees) if I find another student to take your place. If I cannot, then I'll refund you 25% of the class price (minus process fees).