- Old Store
- Woodworking Classes
- 2 Day Kumiko Class
2 Day Kumiko Class
Want to learn kumiko and make a beautiful panel? This is the class for you! I'll show you how I make frames, then we'll dive right in. First, you'll glue up the frame. Next, I'll show you how to make the small hemp leaf pattern (there's 12 in this panel). On day two, you'll learn the beautiful kiri panel that sparkles in the middle of this panel. I'll also explain how to make a wooden frame for your panel, demonstrate milk paint, and how I make fabric backs for my panels.
I'll make dinner for everyone on Saturday night. We'll drink a few beers and talk woodworking.
Tuition covers all materials and a set of guide blocks for the asa-no-ha pattern, but not the additional blocks you'll need to make the kiri pattern in the middle. I'll have those on hand for you to use (and purchase if you want).
There are 5 spots available. If the class is sold out and you'd like to get on a wait list, send me an email. My shop is located in Northwest, CT.
Dates: April 18-19, 2020
TOOLS TO BRING
- 3/4 in. or 1 in. chisel. Please sharpen it before the class
- Fine tooth dozuki, like this one
Stuff happens. You might not be able to attend the class. That's fine. Hopefully, I can find someone to take your spot. But the closer to the class you cancel, the harder it is to find another student, and my refund policy reflects this.
- If you notify me 31 or more days before the class that you cannot attend, I'll refund you the full price of the class, minus any credit card or PayPal processing fees.
- If you notify me 15-30 days before the class, I'll refund you the full price of the class (minus processing fees) if I find someone else to take your place. Otherwise, I will refund you 50% of the class price, minus the processing fees.
- If you notify me 14 or less days before the class, I'll refund you the full price (minus processing fees) if I find another student to take your place. If I cannot, then I'll refund you 25% of the class price (minus process fees).